Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Love me

This weekend was so lovely here in the far north probably the last really summery weather for the season.  A lot of things are changing in my world my son just entered into 7th grade and my oldest just moved out into her own place.  I guess no matter what we do we can not stop the seasons from changing and time moving on.  So to  play off of these changes and my children growing up I decided to do a layout with my little baby girl as the star.  I used alot of Tim Holtz products as always but this is my first time using Dusty Attic
products.  They are a company out of Australia that make beautiful laser die cut chippies.  Trust me once you use them you'll be addicted (plus there is a wonderful gallery on their site with a lot of inspiring layouts)


Since I am just having a major love affair with Tim Holtz products lately my layout is chock full of his Idea-logy line.  someone gave me a piece of his firm strip to play around with.  I found that it worked out better   when I used a brad and to jazz it up a bit I added one of the hands from the timepiece collection


I used butterflies throughout my layout to show that time flies past us but leaves soft memories.



 One technigue that I did was combining gold leafing and crackle for a really cool effect when used on grunge board (yes another Tim Holtz product)
 I have added a few more close-ups showing some of the detail on the tags I used at the bottom of the photo.
 The journaling "Love me and the world is mine" summed up all my feelings in this picture. When a child loves you all is possible.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my layout as much as I enjoyed making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment