Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Because of you I know I am loved





Happy Saturday all.  I hope your Labor day weekend is going well.  I am taking it easy this weekend.  My husband went up north and is visiting with his family, my baby girl moved out into an apartment (boo hoo) and my son is visiting his sister.  The dogs are even gone so i thought I would pour all my energy into my blog.   I was feeling very inspired this week because of the fabulous works of art that I have been looking at on the blogs I follow and these ladies really inspired me.  This is a layout of my dear Godson Juju (taken about 9 yrs ago) and really this layout just came together.


The journaling is Because of you I am loved.  this little guy is such a great boy and I am very blessed to have him in my life.  So I wanted to do a special layout for him.  I played around with a few ideas for the journaling.  For the foundation of the wording I used Tim Holtz grunge board that I cut down and inked with Tim Holtz distressed ink pads in vintage photo.  for the words I have this wonderful little glue pen (i can't think of the name right now) but it's great because I can actually hand write something out and then enhance with glitter.  I think its a pretty cool effect.

 I added a new flower that I made from the Pagoda Cricut cartridge that I layerd on top of peacock feather that I made into a quill pen with (of course) Tim Holtz pen quill.

I used a "scmooshing" technique on some of the edges to add a little depth onto the page. 

I also had some fun with the products I used.  This green paper I used under this corner is actually something called "Moss paper" I found it at Jo ann Fabrics in the floral area of all places.  It has a very cool texture and I loved how it added a pop of brilliant green.  Of course throughout the layout I used feathers, feathers and more feathers.  I hope you all are not tired of seeing them yet.  I like using them with masceline pages so that they don't get to "girly".  Thanks for stopping by and looking.  As always I would love to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment