Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Lovely Lex!

Happy Monday everyone, I hope you all had as a beautiful weekend as I did.  The weather was gorgeous, I got alot accomplished and I finished another layout that I have been wanting to.  I am sure alot of you are like me and have that "bucket list" of projects that you want to do someday.  This is one of them.  My beautiful niece Lex had her junior prom and was kind enough to put her pictures out for us all to enjoy. 

My sister, Laurie shared these lovely little butterflies with me from Vintaj and they fit perfectly over a chipboard butterfly (found in the dollar place at Michaels) that I coated with Tim Holtz crack paint. The effect is absolutely stunning.

I really didn't wait to put too much dimension on this because it's going to go into a project for my Mom, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't add some bling and bows.  I love exploring the sewing section in my local fabric stores to seek out and find new little ribbon roses.  These came in a cluster of 3 and the I love how they look.

 I did use one of my vine/flower clusters to balance out the right side and add a touch of pink to match her beautiful dress.

I added her name by making a tag using the Styled Labels die from Tim Holtz movers and shakers line, I cut 2 pieces out one in black velvet and one in pinktini card stock.  Offset them and add Lexie's name in pink rinestones.  In the corner I added a display trim corner in antique brass from 7 gypsies 
I must sign off for now my friends but I really hope you enjoyed my project and try some of the techniqes, I would love to hear your thoughts or just stop by and say hi. 

                                                          Thanks for stopping by
                                                                      Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer.. (oops I started a messages and the poof it disappeared so forgive me if it shows up twice)
    I stopped by to tell you I very much appreciate your visit to my blog. I've been contemplating on just deleting it, as I figured no one is interested in my work anyway, so figured why bother. So I really want to thank you for taking your time to visit and for your concern for my MIA status. Partly due to my feelings of deleting but mostly because of my chronic health condition, is why I haven't been around. I suffer a form of arthritis that can flare up and can last up to 3 or 4 months. It affects just my knees and big toes.. (strange I know) which makes it difficult to sit with bent knees as the pain is almost unbearable. Anyway, usually when I disappear for sometime its because i'm not feeling good and trying to deal with everything. Thank you for showing concern, I'm touched .
    Now let me just say your layout of Lexi... Wow she is one pretty young lady. Gorgeous smile!! You did wonderful job on showing off her portrait. I like the papers you used and how you added the little touches of pink. Make sure you thank Lexi for letting us enjoy your layout and for sharing her gorgeous picture.
    Once again.. thank you very much for taking your time to stop by my blog.
    Summer time I'm usually slower at doing anything scrappy but hopefully I can get something done again.
    Hope you enjoyed your weekend
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete